Friday, September 4, 2009

White House, White Noise.

I, like many Americans, can remember what it was like watching George W. Bush making addresses and speeches. Although he tried very hard, it was obvious he was no orator. I remember sitting, watching him speak, and flinching as he butchered the English Language, almost as bad as Arnold Schwarzenegger's "Cal-ee-four-nee-uh". I now kick myself for every time I flinched. I would gladly take it all again, and in copious amounts, than one more second of the self-aggrandizing prattle inflicted upon us by President Obama.

It seems like nowadays, you can't even visit the lavatory without having to hear the consistent white noise in the background of Obama. He's addicted to press coverage. You can't go ten minutes without hearing Obama's voice. It's like some Poe-esque nightmare.
"In the silence of the night,
How we shiver with affright
At the melancholy menace of their tone!
For every sound that floats
From the rust within their throats
Is a groan.
And the people -ah, the people -
They that dwell up in the steeple,
All alone,
And who tolling, tolling, tolling,
In that muffled monotone,
Feel a glory in so rolling
On the human heart a stone -
They are neither man nor woman -
They are neither brute nor human -
They are Ghouls:
And their king it is who tolls;
And he rolls, rolls, rolls,
Rolls" -- Edgar Allan Poe - The Bells
He's the political equivalent of a two-year old tugging on your shirt saying, "...and you know what? And you know what? And you know what? Mommy...mommy...mommy... And you know what?" It makes me want to scream, but I've resigned myself to blogging instead.

The moaning, and the groaning, and the droning, and the pwning...

Coming from a man and his administration who are bashing Bush's policies on torture, I would think he wouldn't want to employ one of the most common methods used: Repetitive Noise. I guess it depends on which side of the fence you are sitting as to whether it is ironic or appropriate that it's being used on the American Public. Especially considering we've recently been labeled terrorists for opposing The Government Health Care Plan. (I hope you noticed I did not refer to it as The Obama Health Care Plan, I figure since he didn't write it and he hasn't read it, he really deserves no credit.)

Every time his polls start to decline, he hits the airwaves in a filibuster of propaganda trying to stave off the drop in his approval rating. Creating sound-bite after sound-bite without anything new to say. Seriously, we've heard all the propaganda before, Barack. We all remember Axis Sally, Tokyo Rose, and Hanoi Hannah.
Americans are xenophobic, they will believe their own people rather than the adversary, even a friendly enemy voice. --Hanoi Hannah
I remember right after he won the Election. I was talking to my father, and I told him about a friend of mine who had stopped watching the news altogether, because he couldn't bear to hear or see one more second of the Obama hype that had assaulted the media and airwaves. (Little did he know, he was about to get sentenced to four years of hard time.) My father's reply to this was, "Just wait until he takes office." (Little did I know, Nostradamus had nothing on my father.)

Our only ray of hope in all of this, lies in the fact that everything he has to say is fed to him from the guy behind the teleprompter. Maybe, if we're lucky, he'll develop carpal tunnel syndrome.